TRUSTe takes a Privacy by Design approach making respecting your privacy the default setting by collecting information about your interests only when you voluntarily provide that information to us. Information about your interests includes ad categories that interest or do not interest you such as auto, dating, travel, etc. or whether you want to receive interest-based ads.
We may collect one or more of the following advertising identifiers from your desktop or mobile device such as:
- Android ID
- Other Ad Network identifier that is stored in a cookie if you access TRUSTed Interests through your desktop or mobile web browser
We collect these identifiers solely to associate your interests so advertising networks and data partners can honor them. The identifiers collected from your device depend on your device’s operating system (e.g. iOS, Android) and whether you accessed TRUSTed Interests from an application, or a desktop or mobile website.
We use this information to:
- Apply your device specific interests for both mobile apps and mobile websites.
- Create a non-permanent unique ID within TRUSTe’s system for the purpose of storing and communicating interests within TRUSTe’s internal platform.
- Communicate and share your interests to advertising and data partners including whether you want to receive interest-based ads.
- Enable advertising and data partners to honor your interests according to the preferences you have set.
You can view and modify your interests, including choosing not to receive interest-based ads, at any time by clicking here. You must access this link from the same device, either your desktop or mobile device that you were using when you accessed TRUSTed Interests and provided us your interest information.
TRUSTe uses IDFA, Android ID, or its own unique identifier to track users from either an application, or desktop or mobile websites that access TRUSTed Interests to associate information you provide about your interests, and recognize you when you return.
If you have feedback, questions, or concerns about this privacy statement or TRUSTed Interests you may contact TRUSTe at:
835 Market Street
Suite 800, Box 137
San Francisco, CA 94103-1905
TRUSTe complies with self-regulatory frameworks for interest-based advertising set forth by the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US (DAA), Canada (DAAC), and Europe (EDAA).
Please note that this Privacy Statement may change from time to time. If we change this privacy statement in ways that affect how we use your information, we will advise you of choices you may have as a result of those changes. We will also post a notice on the TRUSTed Interests page of our website to inform users of such changes to our Privacy Statement.